To enter the Testing Center:
- Have your Penn State ID card out and ready. Note: We have new card readers that require you to swipe your card with the stripe facing the main entrance into the Testing Center.
- Place all other items in a zipped backpack or bag. If you don't have a bag, you may use one of the blue bags available near the front desk.
- Make sure your cell phone is completely turned off and put away.
- When your exam start time is announced, please line up to swipe your Penn State ID card through the card reader on the turnstile.
- After you've swiped your card, proceed to the check-in desk where you'll receive your entrance ticket. The ticket contains:
- your picture,
- the name of the exam you are taking,
- time available for your exam,
- items allowed, and
- your seat number and directions to your exam station.
- If your instructor permits scratch paper, it will be provided by the staff at check-in.
- Walk into the e-Testing Lab and find your computer station; the station ID is found at the top right of your ticket.
- Put your ticket in the holder at the top of the testing station.
- Place your belongings under the station.
- Sit down and log in to the computer using your Access ID and password. If you have a problem logging on to your computer, make sure you are at the right station.
- Your exam will automatically begin.
If you have any problems or questions while taking your exam, please come to the front desk and let one of the staff members know.
When you have completed your exam:
- Click the 'Close' button at the top of the screen to log off of your computer.
- Quietly gather your belongings and proceed to the exit.
- If scratch paper was provided, you will need to insert the paper into the scratch paper slot located at Turnstile 2 before exiting.
- Swipe your Penn State ID card through the turnstile to exit the lab.